Overkill VR is a VR shooter based on cover-system mechanics, with tons of different customizable guns and more than thirty levels, fulls of deadly fun. The resistance is waiting for you, lead the revolution!
Publisher: Game Troopers, Based in Lleida, Spain
- Developer: Starloop Studios, Based in Lleida, Spain.
- Release Date: HTC VIVE – 10/03/17
- Platforms: Steam VR, HTC Viveport, Oculus Store
- Website: www.overkillvr.com
- Price: USD 19.99
- Release discount 15% off
- Availability: Digital Download on Steam and Oculus store
- Download size: 1,18GB
- Press Contact: email@example.com
- Company Info: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/OverkillVRgame
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/overkillVR/
Overkill VR is a new VR FPS where you, as a leader of the rebel resistance, fight The Faction, a group of evil warmongers. During combat, you’ll have to break through in an increasingly hostile environment and defeat an ever-growing number of enemies. It won’t be easy, and you’ll need to keep close track of your guns and weapons and upgrade accordingly. But Overkill VR offers a wide range of guns, including serious kill machines, to make your job easier.
Many upgrades for your armory become available only as you advance in the game, so make sure your scores keep improving as you go through each stage. Power ups, multiple kills, wombo-combos, and headshots make the points add up, so be on your toes and play your best. Your life depends on it!
Be smart. Use the environment and take advantage of its different covers to protect yourself. Use the realistic aiming system to get a good shoot. There are many ways to complete a zone, so look at the possibilities and pick the one the will work best for you.
- 100% VR Shooter game
- Crouch & Stand combat
- Realistic aiming system
- Cover system gameplay
- Weild 1&2 Handed guns
- First person shooting for VR with accurate aiming system
- Unparalleled gun customization with upgrades and attachments
- Change your strategy as the scenario evolves
- New “endless mode” where players have to survive as many waves as they can.
- Steam Achievements, to show who’s the toughest soldier out there.
- Steam Trading cards.
- Improved game sounds, with realistic SFXs.
- Left-handed support.
- Machine gun height level adjustment.
GAME PATCHES & UPDATES
- General performance has been improved (more FPS).
- Launching game process using Oculus in Steam VR, revised and fixed.
- New achievements fixed.
- Grenade’s supply system improved.
- Snipers included in the endless level.
- Enemy sniper AI improved.
- Better controller adaptation to UI.
- Texts on Oculus loading screen have been resized.
- Oculus splash screen has been fixed.
- All the UI navigation functions have been revised.
- Fix for Oculus users: A bug was preventing to run the game without enabling Windows 7 compatibility mode
- Tutorial: Texts were not visible during the 1st warmap tutorial
- Reloading function has been improved
- Reload on SPAS12 has been fixed
- Dominant hand can be changed on runtime
- Set a max of bullet cases sfx playback
- Enemy flashbangs explosion sfx is not playing when they explode
- Grayscale is not activating when getting low on health
- Grayscale is not activating when dying
- Cannot see white effect from flashbangs
- Trains 2: bullets stay on invisible cover colliders
- Slums 6, cover 2: pause UI is behing buildings
- Cannot complete flashbangs achievement
- Removed Mysterious sphere in Lom Cell 3
- Modified mission text on Factory
- Fixed Game Over UI in Train levels
- Modified code to add collider when reload and not when spawn. We do this to improve performance
- Weapon scale position and rotation is now set when the weapon is loaded, instead of doing it every frame
- Fixed G36C Barrel and Muzzel issue
- Fixed transparent triggers and position for all weapons
- LomCell3 first cover drone spawn position modificated. Now it is close
- Moved MK23 shell spawn point
- Decreased sight size
- Now Better accuracy VO sounds every 5 sec and not all the time
- Health-bars are 50% thinner.
- Enemy health bar only displayed after is damaged for first time.
- Ring collider adjustment.
- Fixed ring animation direction and force.
- Added ring on vrGrenade
- VR Grenade enabling kinematic on spawn.
- Fixed collider in SlumCell 5
- Fixed issue related to transparent weapon after reload and put it into a cover. The problem appeared due to a kinematic rigidbody in the magazine
- Transparent magazines are colored when placed on the weapons
- Fixed desert eagle body displacement
- Fixed 2-hand control not working after playing MG levels
- Fixed some missions on Factory area that couldn’t be completed
- Fixed Quarry 3 navigation mesh for enemies on latest cover
- Fixed some edge cases where weapon was being reloaded inside cover
- Fixed some camouflages not applying to P90’s iron sights
- Fixed some bullet trails getting through covers
- Fixed bug where you could buy weapon upgrades before the weapon upgrades tutorial. The tutorial would remove bought upgrades from you.
- Fixed music stop playing if there’s too many bullet impact sfx being played under heavy enemy fire
- Fixed that enemies now aim at the player instead of aiming at the MG during MG levels
- Fixed MP5 trigger position
- Fixed loading images not matching loaded levels
- Fixed ammo computations and UI representation on infinite ammo weapons
- Improved timing for sniper’s voice over on Slums 6
- Tweaked some of v2 new weapon materials
Released a new hotfix to solve the weapons loss on the previous patch
Hotfix solving the armor bug that has been reported on the forums
Overkill VR Update 2.0
*Support items: different support items added which help the player to progress in his quest. Some examples of these support items are: air strikes, rocket launchers, fragmentation grenades, flashbang grenades, healing packs…
*2 new locations are added to the game, Quarry and Factory, which contain 3 and 6 levels respectively.
*We have made changes to the game, in order to make Oculus Touch fully compatible with Overkill VR. Going forward, all the future content will be supported by both platforms.
*Manual reloading added: based on the community’s feedback, weapons are now reloaded more realistically by inserting magazines with your left hand into each weapon’s magazine slot.
*New Weapons: A few weapons added to the previous existing set:
Mixed reality hotfix
Released a hotfix that turns that Mixed reality support was not turning on when a 3rd controller and the externalcamera.cfg file were detected.
Fixes and improvements:
*Mixed reality videos are now possible by adding an external camera config file close to the game exe’s file. Feel free to make cool videos!
*Oculus touch is now officially supported. Warmap can be scrolled with the right analog correctly now.
*Increased difficulty for some East Slums levels. You will be flanked more frequently, so be careful!
*Increased fire rate for MK23 pistol a bit.
*Fixed MK23’s reflex not working
*Fixed a weird case where you could get stuck after a loading screen
*Fixed a bug where main menu was not being shown after going back from a mission.
*Improved first cover on East Slums 5, as it was a bit too high
We have just updated the Overkill VR to version 1.03 with following changes:
* Bug fixes for tutorial. Some of you have reported issues with 2-handed control and with the armor menu tutorial.
* Adjusted difficulty for East Slums 1 & 2. They were too casual, they will now require you to use cover a bit more.
* Increased cover height for East Slums 3. This will allow you to play more comfortably.
* Minor improvements on weapon shading. Glow on iron sights is more noticeable. Helps aiming without scope upgrades.
GAME TROOPERS BIO
Game Troopers is a publisher and developer dedicated to Virtual Reality games. Our team offers a deep knowledge of the platform and the whole ecosystem, and will help your games to make the most of themselves. We have a strong development studio that supports our games, Starloop Studios, and the synergy created between both brands raise our games to an efficient and successful launch.
The company was originally focused on publishing games on the Windows Store but the focus has pivoted to the Virtual Reality during 2016.